Wooster Square Tour
Libby’s Pastry Shop
142 Wooster Street
(demolished, currently at 139 Wooster)
Original Libby’s Pastry Shop, c. 1950s–1960s. Courtesy New Haven Museum.
Libby’s Italian Pastry Shop, a family owned and operated bakery was founded by Liberato and Giuseppina Dell’Amura in 1922.
Their tradition has been carried on by several generations of family members including their son and daughter, Fortunato Dell’Amura and Mae Defelice, Adele Dell’Amura, wife of Fortunato, granddaughters Jo-ann Dell’Amura, Dolores Dell’Amura, Marie D’Angelo, Leona Delcore and great grandson, Salvatore D’Angelo. Antonio D’Angelo, husband of Marie, also runs Cafe Villa Gina inside of the bakery shop, named after their daughter, Gina D’Angelo-Mullen.
All of their hand-decorated cookies are baked daily in the Wooster Street shop.
More About This Site